The Canadian Pain Society seeks to reduce the burden of pain and improve the health of Canadians.
Strength in numbers
Trained across multiple disciplines and professions, our national membership encompasses those who are interested in pain prevention and management, including patients themselves.
To bring together scientists, educators, health care professionals, and patients to foster education and research on pain mechanisms and management, and to improve access to high-quality care with the goal of preventing and treating pain more effectively.
12 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: Connection to a group of pain management professionals dedicated to preventing and treating pain more effectively, and improving access to high-quality care.
2. Education - Online and in-person: Free access to our ever-increasing body of Webinars, as well as preferred pricing for our Annual Scientific Meeting. Our programs promote core values of professionalism and competency-based education and advocate on behalf of patients with acute and chronic pain. They enhance your professional development by providing valuable education and networking opportunities for all members of our pain community.
3. Symposia & Posters Presentations: Membership also allows you to submit papers, posters and other content to our programs.
4. Grants & Awards: Only Members are able to apply for the Society’s program of grants and awards.
5. Canadian Journal of Pain: Benefit from reduced open access page charges for papers submitted to the CPS Journal, the Canadian Journal of Pain.
6. Special Interest Groups: Join one of our three Special Interest Groups (SIG) to learn from and network with those who share your specialty: Interventional Pain Management; Neuropathic Pain Management; Interprofessional Pain Management.
7. Trainee-specific Events: Our trainee-specific events are designed by Trainees, for Trainees, and are only open to members!
8. Information & Archives: Access to resources, recordings and archived information through the Members section of the website.
9. Networking: Increased opportunities to network with colleagues, peers, and experts in your region and across the country, A chance to build your contacts, share ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current role, or expand you career opportunities.
10. Preferred Pricing: Free access to all our Webinars and member pricing on all our in-person events, including our Annual Scientific Meeting.
11. Leadership Positions: Committee, Leadership and Board opportunities are only open to members. These positions provide opportunities to learn, gain leadership skills, and shape the direction of the organization. that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
12. Empowerment: As part of a larger community you are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your professional communities, and your quality of life.Become a member