NURSING EXCELLENCE IN PAIN MANAGEMENT AWARD 2017
Award: The award will consist of $200, a plaque, and a complimentary ticket to the annual conference dinner where the award will be presented.
Description: This award will be presented during the annual CPS scientific meeting to a CPS NISIG member who consistently exemplifies leadership in the area of nursing issues about practice, education research, in pain management. The successful candidate’s involvement and contributions of the CPS NISIG will also be a consideration for this award.
Candidate: The recipient is a CPS NISIG member for at least the last three years and has not been a previous recipient of this award.
1) All candidates must be nominated by two colleagues (one must be a CPS-NISIG member).
2) Nominations must be submitted through our online form, and include the nominee’s curriculum vitae, and nomination letter (max 2 pages) describing the leadership qualities in pain management of the candidate and signed by nominee(s). Note: All documents must be combined and uploaded into one PDF file. The file may not exceed 30 MB.
3) The complete nomination package must be received by the CPS no later than Monday, October 31, 2016.
4) The selection process will be made by a committee formed by the Canadian Pain Society and the CPS NISIG. All decisions are final. Nominated candidates will be ranked based on demonstrated leadership in an area or areas of nursing issues pertaining to practice, education or research in pain management. Examples may include:
- Scholarly activities: conduct, dissemination of research findings, publications, presentations
- Mentorship: of nursing or interprofessional students in pain management
- Leadership in local, regional, provincial, national and or international nursing or health care forums
- Impact on knowledge utilization and clinical practice change.
To Apply: Submissions through our online form only.
Questions can be directed to the Canadian Pain Society office:
416-642-6379 or email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2016.
FUNDING: Canadian Pain Society-Nursing Issues Special Interest Group.
Note: The recipient of the award is responsible for covering the costs of their own travel and registration to the annual meeting.
To download a PDF of this page please click here